PCORnet relies on a series of committees to oversee decision-making and leadership, stakeholder engagement, PCORnet’s data network, and research partnerships. Reach out to committees and learn about individual members below. Read more about how the committees were formed on our Governance page.
The PCORnet Council serves as a representative advisory body for PCORnet. It operates under principles of shared responsibility, respect, trust, and inclusivity, and strives to foster a shared commitment to realizing the PCORnet vision. The Council also plays an important role in exploring uses of the network by all funders of research. Collectively, the policies, operations, and products of PCORnet support the development of a robust infrastructure for the efficient conduct of patient-centered clinical research.
Voting members include one representative from each of PCORnet’s 13 CDRNs and 20 PPRNs, plus one representative from the Coordinating Center and PCORI.
- Rachael Fleurence, PhD, Chair, PCORI, PCORnet Program Director
- *Christopher B. Forrest, MD, PhD, Principal Investigator, National PEDSnet: A Pediatric Learning Health System CDRN
- Adrian Hernandez, MD, MHS, Co-Principal Investigator, PCORnet Coordinating Center
- Peter Margolis, MD, PhD, Principal Investigator ImproveCareNow PPRN
- Elizabeth McGlynn, PhD, Principal Investigator, Kaiser Permanente & Strategic Partners Patient Outcomes Research To Advance Learning (PORTAL) Network
- Peter A. Merkel, MD, MPH, Principal Investigator, The Vasculitis Patient Powered Research Network
- Richard Platt, MD, MSc, Co-Principal Investigator, PCORnet Coordinating Center
- Russell Rothman, MD, Principal Investigator, Mid-South CDRN
- Joe V. Selby, MD, MPH, PCORI Executive Director
- *Sharon Terry, MA, Co-Principal Investigator, PCORnet Coordinating Center & Principal Investigator, Community-Engaged Network for All (CENA)
- *Russ Waitman, PhD, Principal Investigator, Greater Plains Collaborative (GPC) CDRN
*Chairs of the Data, Engagement, and Research Committees participate as non-voting members of the Executive Committee.
The Data Committee oversees PCORnet’s data network, advancing informatics and research data innovations that support PCORnet’s goals.
- Ravi Bhosale, Patient Representative, OneFlorida CDRN
- Bowen Chung, MD, MSHS, Co-Principal Investigator of Community and Patient Partnered Participatory Research Network PPRN
- Lesley Curtis, PhD, Coordinating Center Representative
- Rachel Hess, MD, MS, Principal Investigator of PaTH CDRN
- Michael G. Kahn, MD, PhD, Informatics Lead for PEDSnet and PORTAL CDRNs
- Abel Kho, MD, Co-Principal Investigator and Informatics Lead of the Chicago Area Patient Centered Outcomes Research Network (CAPriCORN) CDRN
- Keith Marsolo, PhD, Co-Investigator in the ImproveCareNow PPRN as well as the PEDSnet CDRN
- Michael E. Matheny, MD, MS, MPH, Co-Investigator pSCANNER CDRN
- Daniella Meeker, PhD, Co-Investigator pSCANNER CDRN
- Shawn Murphy, MD, PhD, Co-Investigator SCILHS CDRN
- Heather Siefers, MS, Patient Representative, MS PPRN
- Russ Waitman, PhD, Chair, Principal Investigator, Greater Plains Collaborative (GPC) CDRN
The Engagement Committee oversees the design and continuous improvement of PCORnet’s system for engaging stakeholders, including patients, clinicians, research, health system leaders, industry representatives, regulators and others, in reviewing and recommending engagement policies and standard operating procedures. In this video, Engagement Committee Chair, Sharon Terry describes the history, importance and goals of this committee.
- Rebekah S.M. Angove, PhD, Director of Engagement for Research Action for Health Network (REACHnet) CDRN
- Cherie C. Binns, RN, BS, MSCN, Research Committee Member for Multiple Sclerosis PPRN
- Meryl Comer, Co-Principal Investigator for the Alzheimer’s PPRN
- Jennifer Jo Erickson, Patient Representative, ImproveCareNow PPRN
- Michael Horberg, MD, MAS, FACP, FIDSA, PORTAL CDRN
- Kim Kimminau, Greater Plans Collaborative CDRN
- J. Kiely Law, Principal Investigator, Interactive Autism Network PPRN
- Sharon Terry, MA, Chair, Principal Investigator, Community-Engaged Network for All (CENA) PPRN
- Nate Warren, ADVANCE CDRN
- Neely Williams, Mid-South CDRN
- Pluscedia Williams, CPPRN PPRN
The Research Committee oversees the design and continuous improvement of PCORRnet’s research activities, which include generating and prioritizing research concepts, ensuring research quality, and developing research partnerships.
- Tim Carey, MD, MPH, Co-Investigator, Mid-South CDRN
- Tom Carton, PhD, Principal Investigator, REACHnet CDRN
- Christopher B. Forrest, MD, PhD, Chair, Principal Investigator, National PEDSnet: A Pediatric Learning Health System CDRN
- Adrian Hernandez, MD, MHS, FAHA, Co-Principal Investigator, PCORnet Coordinating Center
- Jeff Krischer, PhD, Vasculitis PPRN
- Barbara Kroner, PhD, Patient Representative, Co-Investigator, Rare Epilepsy Network PPRN
- Marleah Dean Kruzel, PhD, Patient Representative, Co-Investigator, ABOUT PPRN
- Andrew Nierenberg, MD, Principal Investigator, Mood PPRN
- Harold Pincus, MD, NYC CDRN
- Mark J. Pletcher, MD, MPH, Principal Investigator, Health eHeart Alliance PPRN
- Veronique Roger,MD, MPH, Principal Investigator, LHSnet CDRN
- Elizabeth Shenkman, PhD, Principal Investigator, OneFlorida CDRN
The Nominating Committee convenes before the PCORnet Council schedules annual leadership elections and on an as-needed basis when vacancies occur and nominations are required for candidates for open leadership positions.
- Bill Clark, BS, Patient Research Partner, COPD PPRN
- Elizabeth Cope, PhD, MPH, Principal Investigator, NephCure Kidney International Network PPRN
- Rachael Fleurence, PhD, Program Director, PCORI, CER Methods and Infrastructure
- Ken Mandl, MD, MPH, Principal Investigator, Scalable Collaborative Infrastructure for a Learning Healthcare System (SCILHS) CDRN
- Terry Mazany, MA, MBA, Co-Chair, Principal Investigator Chicago Area Patient Centered Outcomes Research Network (CAPriCORN) CDRN
- Holly Peay, PhD, MS, Co-Chair, Principal Investigator, DuchenneConnect Registry Network PPRN
The Advisory Group was established to build relationships between research funders and PCORnet and to ensure coordination with federal and private sector health data and research initiatives that affect PCORnet. Members will include representatives from:
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- The Office of the Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services for Planning and Evaluation
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- The Food and Drug Administration
- The National Institutes of Health
- The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Organizations from such non-federal sectors as the life sciences industry, health research foundations, educational institutions, and others.