Details and Information
Areas of Focus: Cardiovascular Health, mHealth technology, Patient Centric Research Processes
Population Characteristics: The Health eHeart Alliance is developing research cohorts around the following conditions: Hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation, Coronary Heart Disease, High Cholesterol/ Statin Eligibility, Cardiac Arrest Survivors and Congenital Heart Disease. However, whether or not you have heart disease you can still help us make a difference!
Organization: University of California, San Francisco (UCSF)
Contact: [email protected], Project Director Health eHeart Alliance
Principal Investigator: Mark Pletcher, MD, MPH
Patient Principal Investigator: Debbe McCall
About Health eHeart Alliance
The Health eHeart Alliance is a Patient-Powered Research Network dedicated to preventing and managing cardiovascular disease, the nation’s leading cause of morbidity and mortality. The alliance is supported by the Health eHeart Study, which provides an infrastructure for data collection and study management, and a coalition of heart-related advocacy organizations including the American Heart Association, Mended Hearts, StopAfib.org, and the Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndromes Foundation. With guidance from a patient-led steering committee, the alliance supports deep patient engagement in the design, conduct, oversight, and results dissemination for cardiovascular-focused research projects, with the goal of furthering its mission to “pioneer new ways to empower patients in improving research, care, and quality of life for heart patients.”
- The Health eHeart Alliance is interested in partnering with you to incorporate more patient centric processes in cardiovascular research. We have two processes that we have co-developed with our patient led Steering Committee:
- Patient Centered Review: This is a pre grant activity facilitated by the Alliance leadership to gauge patient interest, input on patient-centered outcomes, and potential patient barriers for a research study.
- Patient Review Board: This is a patient board that is facilitated by the Alliance leadership to ensure that the patient voice is captured through all stages of a research study; planning, implementation and results dissemination. The Alliance would work with your investigative team and a group of patient leaders to implement a truly patient centered approach to your study.
- The Health eHeart Alliance connects patients worldwide interested in cardiovascular health. Regardless of where you live, if you are 18 years or older, have a heart and an email address and you can help us make a difference!
- We currently have over 75,000 patients (across all 50 states) registered for our network.
- The Health eHeart Alliance is not only patient led, but we also collaborate with the American Heart Association, SADS Foundation, StopAfib.org and Mended Hearts.