Please send your resume and letter of interest to [email protected].
The People-Centered Research Foundation (PCRF) is the Central Office for PCORnet, the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network, and was established by the PCORnet Network Partners to sustain and expand this Network. PCORnet is intended to improve the nation’s capacity to conduct health research, particularly comparative effectiveness research (CER), efficiently by creating a large, highly representative network for conducting clinical outcomes research. PCORnet has been developed with funding from the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). PCORnet is transforming the culture of clinical research by creating a system driven by the shared needs of people and their families, communities, clinicians, and health system leaders. The Central Office for PCORnet will ensure the Network’s vision and unprecedented work continues.
PCORnet includes health care delivery systems, academic medical centers, health plan payors, and community health centers, all joined in a mission to improve health and health care. Research is conducted through a transformative, people-centered, electronic health record-driven clinical research network for governmental, non-profit, and private-sector customers.
The Central Office for PCORnet is seeking a Business Development Officer to attract and retain customers. The Business Development Officer will reach out to potential PCORnet customers to bring research funding opportunities to the Network as well as work closely with organizations who approach PCORnet seeking its services. The Officer will implement the Network’s Business Plan and its Sales and Marketing Strategy. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the Interim Executive Director, the Chief Scientific Officer, and Network leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In general, serve as the PCORnet’s lead for identifying potential customers, implementing a strategy for pitching the Network’s research services and responding to customers who approach the Network, and maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers. More specifically:
- Scan the clinical research horizon for appropriate research opportunities, both publicly-posted and informally disseminated, where the Network’s capabilities could meet a customer’s needs.
- Support the Interim Executive Director in contacting government, non-profit, health plan, and biopharma organizations to market the Network, identifying business opportunities and developing business relationships with prospective clients.
- Assist the Interim Executive Director and Network leaders in sales and marketing presentations, as well as to conduct such presentations.
- Once research opportunities are identified, work within the Network to generate successful responses to grant & contract announcements, ensuring the proposal development process produces timely, quality applications to government, non-profit, and industry funders.
- Help the Network respond quickly to inquiries from potential customers.
- Keep abreast of trends and opportunities in the clinical research environment and in PCORnet to continually identify and then pursue new ways in which the Network’s services can meet customers’ needs.
- Maintain business relationships with clients and funders to ensure customers expectations are met and services are continually improved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in business development with biopharma, clinical research organizations and/or health plans.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business, sales, science, management, or law.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in private sector business environment.
- Effective skills in sales, marketing, customer engagement, and working with senior-level clients.
- Experience working with clinical research, health services, academic institutions, biomedical research and product development companies is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with substantial responsibility, to take the initiative, and to develop creative solutions to challenges as they arise.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills; able to rapidly develop productive relationships with PCRF and Network colleagues and with customers.
- Sound judgment, exemplified by consistent professionalism in dealing with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
PCRF, the Central Office for PCORnet, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.