WASHINGTON, D.C. (December 10, 2013) – The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Board of Governors will hold a public teleconference and webinar from noon-1:30 p.m. ET Tuesday, Dec. 17, to consider three slates of awardees for funding approval:
- The individual health data networks that together will create a new National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network to facilitate faster, more efficient studies.
- Selected projects responding to Treatment Options for African-Americans and Hispanics/Latinos with Uncontrolled Asthma, PCORI’s first targeted funding announcement.
- Selected projects responding to funding announcements issued in August under PCORI’s five National Priorities for Research.
View the agenda and supporting materials on the PCORI website. To register for the event, complete the online registration form. An email will be sent to you with instructions for joining the session.
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is an independent, non-profit organization authorized by Congress in 2010. Its mission is to fund research that will provide patients, their caregivers and clinicians with the evidence-based information needed to make better-informed healthcare decisions. PCORI is committed to continuously seeking input from a broad range of stakeholders to guide its work. More information is available at www.pcori.org.
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
Contact: Christine Stencel, PCORI Media Relations (202-570-9275 or [email protected])
Building Evidence through Innovation and Collaboration
January 21-22, 2014
1775 Massachusetts Ave NW
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the PCORnet Resource Center at (844) 275-6276 or 844-ASK-NCRN.
This event launched the development of the nation’s most ambitious and promising clinical research network aimed at delivering high quality care through patient-centered outcomes research. This was the first opportunity for PCORnet Partners to meet and begin exchanging ideas, strategies and best practices for scaling up effectiveness research focusing on interventional trials and observational studies.
Meeting sessions covered the following topics:
- Introducing PCORnet, Coordinating Center and Task Forces
- Reviewing network governance, deliverables and metrics for success
- Identifying core network research capacities
- Overcoming barriers to exchanging electronic clinical data
- Improving patient engagement and enrollment in clinical trials
- Building a sustainable model for collaborative patient-centered outcomes research
December 18, 2013
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 (noon) p.m. (ET)
This webinar is open to the public. Participants/callers will be muted upon entry to the meeting, except for the speakers. The meeting will be recorded and made available to anyone who cannot join.
Dial-in number: 888.687.4838
Participant passcode: 63518643#
Topic: CDRN/PPRN Awardee Webinar
Date: Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Time: 10:30 am, Eastern Standard Time
Meeting Number: 259 899 548
Meeting Password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
1. Go to https://btconferencing.webex.com/btconferencing/j.php?ED=201922773&UID=1469550848&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
4. Click “Join”.
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
1. Go to https://btconferencing.webex.com/btconferencing/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click “Support”.
A Collaboration of the NIH HCS Collaboratory and PCORnet
Rethinking Clinical Research
Speaker: Douglas Fridsma, MD, PhD
Science Officer & Director, Office of Science & Technology in the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
Topic: ONC’s Interoperability Strategy
Date: Friday, January 17, 2014, 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
Meeting Info: To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to https://dukemed.webex.com/dukemed/systemdiagnosis.php.
To join the online meeting:
Go to https://dukemed.webex.com/dukemed/j.php?ED=234765137&UID=505162767&PW=NYTMwOWQwOGY2&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
- You must log in to the URL first.
- Click ‘Audio Conference’
- Choose ‘Using Computer for Audio’ option (use a headset with mic plugged into the PC if you want to participate in the discussion)
- Alternatively, choose ‘I will call in’, select the Toll Free number.
- Dial in using the information from the dialog box that appears.
Be certain to use the Access Code AND the Attendee ID.
Note: If the URL above does not work, go to dukemed.webex.com and enter:
Meeting Number: 737 853 781
Meeting Password: 1234
For Audio ONLY:
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-855-244-8681
Access code: 737 853 781
- Audio for all attendees is muted upon entry to the meeting.
- The first 30 minutes consists of the presentation.
- Pose your questions or submit comments via the Chat Pod (select ‘Everyone’ from the Send to drop-down menu to allow viewing by all attendees). The presenter will use the questions posed in the Chat Room to initiate discussion/ Q&A following the presentation.
- Attendees who wish to ask or respond to a question during the Q&A session must un-mute themselves before speaking; re-apply the mute function once the discussion is completed.
Do you use the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser?
Follow these steps to enable the WebEx plug-in:
- Select the Join link that appears in your email invitation or instant message, or select Join in your meeting list or the meeting space on your WebEx site.
- If you have not already installed the Cisco WebEx meeting application software, install it now.
- If the WebEx software is installed, you will see the Join meeting page with a small icon near the address bar that will allow you to enable the WebEx plug-in.
- Click the plug-in icon in the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- Choose Always allow plug-ins on your WebEx site.
- Click Done.
- If the meeting doesn’t start automatically, click the Refresh link to reload the page.
- Click the plug-in icon in the upper-left corner of the browser window, left of the address bar.
- Choose Allow and Remember.
- If the meeting does not start automatically, click the Refresh link to reload the page.
December 17, 2013
12:00 p.m. (ET) – 1:30 p.m. (ET)