A Shared Forum of the NIH Health Care Systems Research Collaboratory and PCORnet
Speakers: Cynthia Hahn, VP, Clinical Research and Regulatory Affairs
North Shore-LIJ Health System
Petra Kaufmann, MD, MSc, Director, Office of Clinical Research, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
National Institutes of Health
Topic: CTTI Advancing the Use of Central IRBs Project: Academic Institution and Government Sponsor Perspectives
Date: Friday, April 25, 2014, 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
Join the conversation on Twitter: @PCTGrandRounds #pctGR
Pragmatic Clinical Trials Grand Rounds are hosted weekly by the NIH HCS Research Collaboratory and PCORnet.
Also follow: @Collaboratory1 and @PCORnetwork
Rethinking Clinical Research
Meeting Info: To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to https://dukemed.webex.com/dukemed/systemdiagnosis.php.
To join the online meeting:
Go to https://dukemed.webex.com/dukemed/j.php?MTID=maa34f9ef93cb519f0dbee9afd7ada9a7
- You must log in to the URL first. If prompted to use a password, please use 1234.
- Click ‘Audio Conference’
- Choose ‘I will call in’, select the Toll Free number.
- Dial in using the information from the dialog box that appears.
Be certain to use the Access Code AND the Attendee ID.
Note: If the URL above does not work, go to dukemed.webex.com and enter:
Meeting Number: 739 773 050
Meeting Password: 1234
For Audio ONLY:
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-855-244-8681
Access code: 739 773 050
- Audio for all attendees is muted upon entry to the meeting.
- The first 30 minutes consists of the presentation.
- Pose your questions or submit comments via the Chat Pod (select ‘Everyone’ from the Send to drop-down menu to allow viewing by all attendees). The presenter will use the questions posed in the Chat Room to initiate discussion/ Q&A following the presentation.
- Attendees who wish to ask or respond to a question during the Q&A session must un-mute themselves before speaking; re-apply the mute function once the discussion is completed.
Do you use the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser?
Follow these steps to enable the WebEx plug-in:
- Select the Join link that appears in your email invitation or instant message, or select Join in your meeting list or the meeting space on your WebEx site.
- If you have not already installed the Cisco WebEx meeting application software, install it now.
- If the WebEx software is installed, you will see the Join meeting page with a small icon near the address bar that will allow you to enable the WebEx plug-in.
- Click the plug-in icon in the upper-right corner of the browser window.
- Choose Always allow plug-ins on your WebEx site.
- Click Done.
- If the meeting doesn’t start automatically, click the Refresh link to reload the page.
- Click the plug-in icon in the upper-left corner of the browser window, left of the address bar.
- Choose Allow and Remember.
- If the meeting does not start automatically, click the Refresh link to reload the page.