November 20, 2015 – The PCORnet Council, the main governing body of PCORnet, the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network, has approved three individuals to serve as the first chairs of the network’s new Data, Engagement, and Research Committees.
The new committee chairs are:
- Data Committee: Russ Waitman, PhD, Principal Investigator, Greater Plains Collaborative
- Engagement Committee: Sharon Terry, MA, Principal Investigator, Community-Engaged Network for All Patient-Powered Research Network (CENA PPRN)
- Research Committee: Chris Forrest, MD, PhD, Principal Investigator, National Pediatric Learning Health System Clinical Data Research Network (PEDSnet CDRN)
The committee chairs will help shape an inclusive and efficient governance structure for PCORnet in addition to leading the formation of their respective committees. They will ensure committee members have diverse experience and perspectives and work with them to develop committee charters.
Nominees were vetted by the PCORnet Nominating Committee, which was elected by the PCORnet Council in September 2015.
The Nominating Committee members are:
- Terry Mazany, MA, MBA, co-chair; Principal Investigator, Chicago Area Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Network (CAPriCORN)
- Holly Peay, PhD, MS, co-chair; Principal Investigator, DuchenneConnect Registry Network
- Bill Clark, BS, Patient Representative; Patient Research Partner, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease PPRN
- Elizabeth Cope, PhD, MPH, PPRN Representative; Principal Investigator, NephCure Kidney Network for Patients with Nephrotic Syndrome
- Rachael Fleurence, PhD, Program Director, CER Methods and Infrastructure, PCORI
- Ken Mandl, MD, MPH, CDRN Representative; Principal Investigator, Scalable Collaborative Infrastructure for a Learning Healthcare System (SCILHS)