- This event has passed.
PCORnet Building Trustworthiness Public Webinar
September 16, 2016 @ 1:00 pm EDT - 2:00 pm EDT
Engaging patients as partners throughout the research process requires transparency, a foundation of trust, and sharing of patient health data, which brings empowerment and vulnerability. PCORnet Building Trustworthiness forums bring together patients, participants, caregivers, clinicians, industry, community and advocacy groups, researchers, and the public to start to ask, “How can PCORnet foster trust in clinical research?” and “How will PCORnet facilitate authentic engagement in research?” Learn more about what inspired Building Trustworthiness.
- Sharon Terry, MA; President and CEO Genetic Alliance
- Jennie David, BA; Clinical Psychology Doctoral Student Drexel University; Former Patient Advisory Co-chair ImproveCareNow
- Annesa Flentje, PhD; Assistant Professor University of California, San Francisco
- Neely Williams, MDiv; Administrator Community Partners Network
Key Takeaways and Meeting Materials
- Pre-event Blog Post: We’re All In This Together: Building Trustworthiness with People, Clinicians and Health Systems. Authored by Sharon Terry, Co-Principal Investigator of PCORnet Coordinating Center and Engagement Committee Chair.
- Post-event Blog Post with Key Takeaways: Research for the Rest of Us: Building Trustworthiness in PCORnet Public Webinar Sheds Light on Research Needs of Underserved Communities.
- Download the Meeting Slides.
- Watch the Webcast Recording.
Join us on Friday, Sept 16th from 1:00 to 2:00pm ET
Click Here to Join WebEx Meeting. The name of the WebEx session is “Grand Rounds: Rethinking Clinical Research.”
Note: If you join WebEx via an alternate invitation, you may need the following:
- Meeting Number: 739 348 059
- Meeting Password: 1234
Join by Phone:
1-855-244-8681 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
Access code: 739 348 059