- This event has passed.
PCORnet Best Practice Sharing Session – Leveraging Social Media to Raise Awareness and Build Community
June 8, 2017 @ 11:00 am EST - 12:00 pm EST
With 81 percent of the U.S. population reporting owning a social networking profile in 2017, social media provides a great opportunity for patients and researchers to connect with each other, build communities, and raise awareness of patient-centered research.
Achieving the most impact from a social media presence requires savvy on which channels to engage and how. Social media specialists from the PCORnet Patient Powered Research Network, Arthritis Power (AR-PoWER PPRN), and PCORnet’s first demonstration study, ADAPTABLE, will explore the opportunities and obstacles for leveraging social media in a network, including best practices and case studies to enhance understanding.
- Learn how to use metrics to inform channel strategy and content
- Learn how collaborations and partnerships can help reach more people
- Learn about suggested guidelines, best practices, useful tools and tips
Joseph M. Coe, MPA, Patient Advocate, Social Media Manager
Global Health Living Foundation/Arthritis Power (AR-PoWER PPRN)/Creaky Joints
M. Patricia McAdams, MS, Communication Specialist, Duke Clinical Research Institute
Social Media Specialist, ADAPTABLE Study and PCORnet Communications
Click here to join WebEx Meeting
- You must log in to the URL first.
- Click ‘Audio Conference’.
- Choose ‘I will call in’, select 1-650-479-3207.
- Dial in using the information from the dialog box that appears. Be certain to use the Access Code AND the Attendee ID.
- Everyone is muted on entry. If you would like to participate, use the chat box and please select ‘send to everyone’.
If the URL above does not work, go to dukemed.webex.com and enter:
Meeting Number: 734 221 877
Meeting Password: 1234
For Audio ONLY: 1-650-479-3207 / Access code: 735 221 877