Several leaders from PCORnet, the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network, PCORI and the People-Centered Research Foundation (PCRF) have been selected to serve on the inaugural Governing Committee for the National Evaluation System for health Technology Coordinating Center (NESTcc), including:
- Naomi Aronson, PhD – Executive Director of Clinical Evaluation, Innovation, and Policy at the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association who serves on PCORI’s Methodology Committee and Research Transformation Committee.
- Marc Boutin, JD – CEO of the National Health Council (NHC) and a PCRF Board Member.
- Adrian Hernandez, MD, MHS –Principal Investigator of the PCORnet Coordinating Center at the Duke Clinical Research Institute, Professor of Medicine at Duke School of Medicine, and a member of the PCORnet Executive Committee.
- Harlan M. Krumholz, MD, SM – Harold H. Hines, Jr. Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology & Public Health at Yale University, and Director of the Yale New Haven Hospital Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE) and a member of the PCORI Board of Governors and Research Transformation Committee.
- Elizabeth McGlynn, PhD – Principal Investigator of PORTAL, a PCORnet CDRN, Vice President of Kaiser Permanente Research, and Executive Director of the Kaiser Permanente Center for Effectiveness & Safety Research and a member of the of the PCORnet Executive Committee.
- Sharon Terry – Principal Investigator for the PCORnet Coordinating Center at Genetic Alliance, Chair of the PCORnet Engagement Committee, Principal Investigator of CENA, a PCORnet PPRN, and a member of the PCORnet Executive Committee.
Read the full announcement.
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is an independent, nonprofit organization authorized by Congress in 2010. Its mission is to fund research that will provide patients, their caregivers, and clinicians with the evidence-based information needed to make better-informed healthcare decisions. PCORI is committed to continually seeking input from a broad range of stakeholders to guide its work. More information is available at www.pcori.org.
PCORnet, the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network, is an innovative initiative of the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). The goal of PCORnet is to improve the nation’s capacity to conduct clinical research by creating a large, highly representative network that directly involves patients in the development and execution of research. More information is available at www.pcornet.org.